Hotel information and reservations
The 13th World Filtration Congress will be held at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel in San Diego. The Hilton is in the heart of downtown San Diego and within walking distance to the Historic Gaslamp District. All conference activities will take place at the hotel. Make your reservations early so that you can make the most of networking opportunities taking place at the hotel.
Hilton Bayfront San Diego
1 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Phone: 1-800-445-8667, mention the group code, WFC
March 26, 2020
Please be aware of unauthorized hotel deals. WFC 13 is aware of a company called EHotel Services contacting WFC 13 participants stating they are WFC 13 Organizers. No one from WFC 13 office will contact you by phone. EHotel Services will follow up with an email requesting you to Esign a document. This is not a legitimate offer so ignore any phone calls or emails from this company. If you have questions, please contact Lyn Sholl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasons to Stay at the Hilton
5 Great Reasons to Stay at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- The Hilton is the center of WFC 13 activities. It is a quick trip to get to the technical sessions and expo hall from your room
- Roll out of bed and Starbucks is one button away on the elevator
- Late night conversations at the Odysea located on the lobby level or at Fox Sports Grill or sunset cocktails at the scenic Pool Club
- Need to take a conference call in the middle of the day? Simply take the elevator up to your room and have the privacy you need without interruptions from other conference attendees
- The WFC 13 organizers worked hard to identify the most desirable location in San Diego for this special conference and negotiated the hotel contract to the best of our abilities. All meeting and expo space is allocated based on rooms booked by our attendees. If the conference does not meet the contracted sleeping room commitment, the hotel gets paid anyway. Unfilled rooms can cost the conference thousands of dollars.
Please support the AFS and WFC13 by staying at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront!
WFC 13 will feature two optional industry tours to SeaWorld and the Carlsbad Desalination Facility on Friday, April 24 from 1:00 – 5:00 pm. You may register for one of the tours when registering for the Congress. Because space is limited for both tours, only full congress attendees may participate in the industry related tours.
Carlsbad Desalination Facility
The Claude "Bud" Lewis Carlsbad Desalination Plant is the largest, most technologically advanced and energy-efficient seawater desalination plant in the nation. Each day, the plant delivers nearly 50 million gallons of fresh, desalinated water to San Diego County – enough to serve approximately 400,000 people and accounting for about one-third of all water generated in the county. The plant was developed by Poseidon, designed and operated by IDE.
Located adjacent to the Encina Power Station in Carlsbad, California, the Carlsbad Desalination Plant was developed as a public-private partnership. The project originated in 1998 and launched in 2015 with a purchase agreement with the San Diego Water Authority. The project has garnered numerous awards for design, implementation and energy efficiency. Cost is $90 and includes a box lunch and transportation.
Space is limited so sign up early!
SeaWorld Filtration Tour
WFC 13 will offer an industry related tour to SeaWorld on Friday afternoon. We will depart the Hilton Bayfront at 1:00 pm and arrive at SeaWorld at 1:15 pm. There will be a lecture and industry related tour from 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm. Buses will depart at 5:10 pm to return to the Hotel. Participants will not have full park access. Cost is $115 and includes a box lunch and transportation.
A selection of optional guest tours will be available during WFC 13. Plan to bring your family to enjoy the beautiful sights of San Diego and the surrounding area. Additional information on guest tours will be available.
Air Transportation to San Diego
San Diego is easy to get to, whether by plane or train, but, private car or cruiseship. The major airlines fly into San Diego International Airport. There are direct flights from Europe and Los Angeles is a two hour drive, the primary west coast gateway from Asia.
National and International Access to San Diego
There are approximately 465 scheduled operations carrying 48,000 passengers each day. San Diego is the largest metropolitan area in the United States that is not an airline hub.
San Diego International Airport to Hilton Bayfront
The Hilton Bayfront Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the San Diego International Airport.
- Taxi - approximately $18.00 one way
- Super Shuttle - $10.00 one way
- Rental cars - available at airport. Please note self parking at the airport is $35/day
Trolley System in San Diego
The San Diego Bayfront Hilton is on the Bay and next to the San Diego Convention Center. The Historic Gaslamp Quarter is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. San Diego features one of the country's best trolley systems in the USA. Riding the trolley system is a great way to get around San Diego and see the city in its diversity. Three lines, 82 km of track and 53 stations can take you to a wide view of the city and surrounding communities. Fares run between $1.50 - $3.00 each way.