World Filtration Congress 13 Opens in One Year; Sponsors Include SWM, Eaton Corporation and International Filtration News
Every four years, more than 3,000 filtration and separations professionals from all over the world gather at the industry’s preeminent event: World Filtration Congress. The American Filtration and Separations Society is delighted to host the 2020 Congress, which opens one year from tomorrow in San Diego, California.
Sponsors include SWM, Eaton Corporation, and International Filtration News. More sponsorships are available.
Our roster of keynote and plenary speakers are exceptional leaders in our industry and have outstanding international representation. They include:
- Prof. Liang-Yin Chu, Distinguished Professor of Chang Jiang Scholars Program in the School of Chemical Engineering and the Head of Office of Scientific Research and Development at Sichuan University, China
- Prof. Achim Dittler, Professor of Mechanical Process Engineering and Head of the Gas-Particle-Systems Group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Dr. Eric Hoek, consultant, entrepreneur, inventor and Professor of Environmental Engineering at UCLA, USA
- Prof. Andrew Zydney, Bayard D. Kunkle Chair and Director of the Center of Excellence in Industrial Biotechnology at The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Val Hollingsworth, CEO of Hollingsworth & Vose Company, USA
- Professor David Y. H. Pui, Distinguished University Professor and LM Fingerson/TSI Inc. Chair in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Minnesota, and Presidential Chair Professor of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, China
- Paul Marold, President of Lydall Performance Materials, USA
- Prof. Harald Anlauf, Academic Director at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Mechanical Process Engineering and Mechanics, Germany
- Tim McCarty, CEO of Filtration Group Corporation, USA
- Roger Ben Aim, Scientific Advisor, IFTS, France
- Prof. Wilhelm Hoeflinger, retired Head of Mechanical Process Engineering Department at Vienna University of Technology, Austria, and active visiting professor at universities in China, France, India and Taiwan.
- Bob Burkhead, President and Co-owner of Blue Heaven Technologies, USA
- Prof. Hooman Tafreshi, Qimonda Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Paul Way, Director of Applied Technology, Donaldson, USA
- Prof. James McGrath, Bioengineering Faculty and Associate Director of Microfabrication and Metrology Core, University of Rochester, USA
- Peter Cartwright, Owner, Cartwright Consulting, USA
- Prof. Rong Wang, Professor and Chair in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University and Head of the Singapore Membrane Technology Centre, Singapore
- Mr. Andreas Kreuter, CEO of Freudenberg Filtration Technologies, Germany
- Snehal Desai, Executive Vice President and Chief Growth Officer, Evoqua Water Technologies, USA
- Prof. Qiang Yao, Professor in the Department of Energy and Power Engineering at Tsinghua University, China
- Michael Wynblatt, Chief Technology Officer for Donaldson, USA
- Dr. William Fissell, Associate Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering at Vanderbilt University and Medical Lead, The Kidney Project, USA
- Dr. Philip Rolchigo, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at Pentair, USA
- Willy Bordignon, Vice-President Filtration & Performance Americas at Ahlstrom-Munkjso, USA
- Ralph Cutler, President of WesTech Engineering, Inc., USA
- Dr. Karsten Keller, Director Technology Innovation & Improvement Management of Nitto Denko Avecia Inc, USA
- Dr. Mihail Barboiu, Senior Researcher, University of Montpellier, France
- Prof. Xianshe Feng, University Research Chair and Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Dr. Roy Shuvo, Bioengineering Professor, University of California San Francisco, USA
- Dr. Anke Laurenzis, BASF, Germany
- Prof. Xiao-Lin Wang, Professor, Beijing Key Laboratory for Membrane Materials and Engineering, China
- Martin Smith, Chief Technology Officer, Pall Corporation, USA
- Mi Baoxia, Associate Professor of Energy, Civil Infrastructure and Climate, and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley, USA
- Antti Hakkinen, Professor, LUT University, Finland
For details on these speakers, visit https://wfc13.com/v2/index.php#plenary-speakers
New to World Filtration Congress are three symposia that focus on filtration and separation in Health, Energy and the Environment. Tracks and categories in each of these symposia can be found at https://wfc13.com/v2/congress_topics.php.
More than half of the conference exhibition space has been sold. To view current exhibitors and get details on exhibit space and sponsorships, visit https://wfc13.com/v2/sponsorship.php
Registration will be open soon at www.wfc13.com!
WFC 13 Now Accepting Abstract Submissions
The World Filtration Congress is held once every four years and rotates among member countries of INDEFI (International Delegation on Filtration), Austria, Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Japan, Nordics, UK and USA. The purpose of the congress is to foster a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners in the world working on filtration and separation (F&S) to meet and share the latest advances and technologies.
The American Filtration and Separations Society is proud to host the 13th congress, scheduled April 20-24, 2020, in San Diego, California, USA. WFC 13 will have both an exhibition and technical program on F&S.
We are now accepting abstract submissions for both oral technical presentations and student posters. Both types of abstracts should be technical in nature and free from commercialism, and for both presentations and posters, there can be multiple authors but only one presenter. Both submission types should answer the following questions:
- What is the talk/research about?
- How do you do the work/research?
- Why is the work/research necessary?
- What are the social and/or economic aspects of the work?
- What is unique, novel or significant about the development?
Submissions will choose from the following categories:
- Liquid-Solid Track
- Gas-Solid Track
- Filter Media Track
- Membrane Track
- Environment Filtration & Separation Symposium
- Energy Filtration & Separation Symposium
- Health Filtration & Separation Symposium
There are more than 60 subcategories to choose from as well, listed on the abstract submission web site.
Complete congress and abstract submission details are available here. You will be required to first create an account so that you can log in to check the status of your submissions.
13th World Filtration Congress Accepting Submissions for Abstracts
The 13th World Filtration Congress (WFC13) is accepting submissions for technical and symposia abstracts now through June 28.
Technical abstracts are being accepted in the categories of solid/liquid, air/gas, membranes and filter media. Three symposia will review papers on the topics of health, energy and the environment. Keynote and plenary presentations will be by invitation only. A highly qualified scientific committee will review every abstract to assess its merit and fit for WFC13.
Detailed subcategories for each track and symposia is published here. More about submitting an abstract is published on the WFC13 website here. Guidelines for all submissions can be found here.
"The quality of the technical and symposia presentations at World Filtration Congress is always impressive,” said Thomas Ramsey, Chair of the Board of Directors of AFS. “As more is demanded of our industry in response to rapidly emerging global challenges, we need to share information with each other to continue to innovate."
The deadline for oral technical and symposia presentation abstracts is June 28.